I recently moved several WordPress blogs from DreamHost to a new 1and1 Virtual Private Server installation. Here are directions and screenshots of the move along with notes on problems that I ran across (and the resolution I found). I moved from a DreamHost shared host plan that killed scripts when memory consumption exceeded 100MB to a 1and1 VPS solution that provides 4,000MB of burst RAM.
amazon android apache art asp.net broadband child safety dbms encryption entertainment fort worth united soccer club google hardware hollywood IDS install ipad ipod linux ListView control Microsoft Windows mmo monitoring multimedia networking operating system oracle pocket legends remote control resume scrabble scripts security sharepoint software software design sql server tcp/ip unix vacation websites windows windows 8 wordpress world of warcraft
Other sites to check out
- Fort Worth United Soccer Club graphics and logo files
- Fix: Attempting to execute a PowerShell script throws “the file is not digitally signed” error
- Handy chart of monitor aspect ratios and resolutions
- Create new directories and subdirectories in Unix using a single terminal command
- 20 Linux system monitoring tools to assist SysAdmins when herding cats